As a nationally ranked children's hospital, Duke Children's is consistently recognized for delivering the full spectrum of high quality care to children of all ages. We work closely with your family to meet your child's healthcare needs in a welcoming, family-centered environment.
Whether you are looking for a pediatrician, a family medicine provider, or need a specialist for your child's medical condition, we provide the services you need. Our doctors and staff have the advanced specialty training and years of experience necessary to meet the physical, emotional and developmental needs of children from the time they are infants through young adulthood. Our interdisciplinary medical teams offer comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options, ranging from well-child care to the full spectrum of medical and surgical specialty services.
Why Choose Us?
- Ranked among the nation's best. Nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best children’s hospitals, we are dedicated to innovative, compassionate and life-changing care for all of our patients—from before birth through adulthood.
- Family-centered care. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive evaluation and expert treatment for the child and the family as a whole, including social work, child life, language and other special services. Families are considered part of the patient care team, and are encouraged to participate with doctors and nurses in the patient’s care plan.
- Access to pediatric specialty care. Duke Children’s has numerous specialty programs for serious and rare disorders. Here, you’ll find answers and treatment options that may be unavailable at other hospitals.
- Caring for our community. In addition to Duke Children’s Hospital & Health Center, your family may access our services in the community through our extensive network of more than 25 primary care and specialty care locations across North Carolina.
- Commitment to quality improvement. We strive to ensure all of our patients receive quality care. At Duke Children’s, we measure our performance, identify areas where we can improve the care we provide, and then develop quality improvement plans. These quality improvement (or QI) efforts help us offer your family the best care possible.
- Online access to your medical records. Your secure connection to Duke's online patient portal, Duke MyChart, makes it easier than ever to schedule appointments, view lab results, request prescription refills, communicate with your child's provider, and pay bills. Duke's electronic medical record system is also accessed by every Duke doctor in every Duke facility so your child's care will always be coordinated.
- Urgent care near you. If your child needs urgent care after hours, our five urgent care centers are open 365 days a year, and are staffed by providers with extensive experience in urgent care medicine.
- Learn more. You can learn more about the comprehensive services, doctors and locations provided for children by visiting Duke Children's. Or call 1-888-ASK-DUKE.