Debra Lynn Best, MD
Dr. Best's scholarly interests include the following:
Pediatric Resident Education - developing, implementing and evaluating strategies to teach community engagement and advocacy skills.
Early Childhood Development - developing, implementing and evaluating community partnered interventions focused on early childhood development, toxic stress, and adverse child experiences.
Education and Training
- Pediatric Internship & Residency, Pediatrics, Duke University, 2001 - 2004
- M.D., Northwestern University, 2001
Selected Grants and Awards
- Welcome Baby - Duke Pediatrics Collaborative Teen Parenting Program
- Carolinas Collaborative: Community-Pediatric Partnerships for Promotion of Child Health and Prevention of Toxic Stress
- The Carolinas Collaborative: Community-Pediatric Partnerships for Promotion of Child Health and Prevention of Toxic Stress
- Population Health Improvement Leadership II
- Healthy Communities: a cross-community collaborative to identify obese, low-income children without a medical home
- From Clinic to Community: Transforming the Duke Pediatric Residency Program to Improve Care for Underserved Children