The Duke School of Medicine is sponsoring the Pediatric Neurology and Developmental Medicine Update Course: Focus on Patient Management on Saturday, April 1, 2017. The event will take place in the Searle Conference Center, Bryan Research Auditorium, Duke University Medical Center.
The goals of the symposia are to:
- Enhance the ability of participants in the identification, evaluation and care of common and important developmental and neurological disorders in children.
- Update participants on front-line advancements and hot topics in general pediatric neurology, neuromuscular disorders, and autoimmune neurology.
- Update participants on cutting-edge developments in epilepsy including special populations, status epilepticus, new medications, surgical management, and cortical function localization.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the updates and evolving guidelines to providers in the identification, evaluation and management of common pediatric neurological disorders and neurodevelopment.
- Delineate the advancements and controversies in the evaluation and management of the above disorders.
- Describe the advancements and current controversies on epilepsy surgery localization, antiepileptic drugs, and underlying mechanisms.
The Duke University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Registration is currently available online only.
- Registration Fee: $120 by March 21, 2017; free registration for residents and students from any institution and for all Duke nurses and physicians with proof of
- Free registration based on need and available space. Email Vickie Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to register for free.
- Paid registration includes attendance at all sessions, course materials, coffee breaks and lunch.
On Site Registration and Check-In
The registration desk will be located outside the Searle Center Main Lecture Hall and opens at 7 a.m.
A written notice of cancellation must be received by Wednesday, March 15, 2017 to receive a refund of the registration fee minus a $25 administrative fee. Refunds for cancellation requests received after this date will not be provided.
Contact Vickie Wilson at email@example.com for a list of hotels located within four miles of Duke University Medical Center.
The Millennium Hotel is offering a group rate of $105/night plus taxes. Please mention group name "Duke Pediatric Neurology" to get this rate and book by Friday, March 17.
View a detailed conference schedule.
Core program: pediatricians, pediatric providers, nurses, and primary care health professionals
Special symposia: child neurologists, epileptologists, adult neurologists, neuro-geneticists, neuromuscular specialists, neurosurgeons, and nurse practitioners