The methodology for selecting the U.S. News & World Report Best Children’s Hospitals was created in 2006 by RTI International, a large North Carolina-based research and consulting firm that also generates the Best Hospitals rankings. Each year, working with experts organized into specialized task forces, RTI revisits and updates the methodology, pending review and approval by U.S. News.
The following members of the Department of Pediatrics have been selected to participate in working groups for the 2017-18 Best Children’s Hospitals project:
- Ms. Danielle Davis (Diabetes & Endocrinology)
- Dr. Jason Lang (Pulmonology)
- Dr. Jennifer Li (Cardiology/Heart Surgery)
- Dr. Mohamad Mikati (Neurology & Neurosurgery)
- Dr. Jonathan Routh (Urology)
The working groups will meet from August to late October this year to develop recommendations for refinements of the 2017-18 rankings.