The School of Medicine has announced the participants for its 2018 Leadership Development for Researchers (LEADER) program.
7 faculty from the Department of Pediatrics will attend the 3-day workshop designed for junior faculty who are leading a research group and driving their own research agenda:
- Michael Deel, MD, medical instructor (Hematology-Oncology)
- Rachel Greenberg, MD, MB, MHS, assistant professor of pediatrics (Neonatology)
- Pinar Gumus Balikcioglu, MD, assistant professor of pediatrics (Endocrinology)
- Christoph Hornik, MD, MPH, associate professor of pediatrics (Critical Care Medicine)
- Amelia Thompson, MD, assistant professor of pediatrics (Infectious Diseases)
- Charlene Wong, MD, MSHP, assistant professor of pediatrics (Primary Care Pediatrics)
- Noelle Younge, MD, assistant professor of pediatrics (Neonatology)
LEADER provides insight into leadership and team building as well as direction on how to develop and manage a scientific laboratory or research program, how to improve productivity, and how to harness creativity and innovation. The program was developed to bridge the gap between the scientific expertise that led individuals to a career in academic medicine, and the management skills that will be required to succeed as the leaders of small business units. LEADER will be held April 17-19, 2018.