The Duke School of Medicine is hosting the 14th Annual Optimizing Mechanical Ventilation Conference for Infants and Children on Monday, March 20 through Wednesday, March 22. The event will take place in the 21C Museum Hotel in downtown Durham.
This conference offers hands-on experience optimizing mechanical ventilation for infants and children. Clinicians will participate in lectures and interactive clinical workshops focused on the skills necessary to optimize patient-ventilator interactions using the latest advances in conventional ventilation, high-frequency ventilation, and ventilator graphics analysis. Time will be allocated at the end of each presentation for open discussion with the audience.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the physiology and prevalence of acute lung injury.
- Discuss the principles of lung protective ventilatory strategies.
- Identify the general principles and clinical application of high-frequency ventilation.
- Explore the use of adjunct respiratory therapies for acute hypoxemic respiratory failure.
- Describe general principles and application of non-invasive ventilation.
- Illustrate the cardiopulmonary effects of mechanical ventilation.
- Identify strategies to optimize patient-ventilator synchrony for infants and children.
- Discuss strategies to reduce the incidence of chronic lung disease.
In support of improving patient care, the Duke University Health System Department of Clinical Education & Professional Development is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the health care team. This activity has been planned and implemented by the Duke University Health System Department of Clinical Education & Professional Development and the Duke Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.
Registration is currently available online.
A written notice of cancellation must be received by Sunday, March 1, 2017 to receive a refund less a $75 cancellation fee. Refunds for cancellation requests received after this date will not be provided.
Book a room at 21C Museum Hotel, Durham online.
View a detailed conference schedule.
Neonatal and pediatric intensivists, anesthesiologists, respiratory therapists and nurse practitioners