Michael J. Campbell, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Department / Division:
Durham, NC 27710
1236 Huffman Mill Road
Medical Arts Building, Suite 1600
Burlington, NC 27215
23 Sunnybrook Road, Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27610
- MD, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, 2001
- Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Tennessee), 2001-2004
- Pediatric Cardiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Tennessee), 2004-2007
- Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Tennessee), 2006-2007
- Advanced Cardiac Imaging, Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Tennessee), 2007-2008
Children and adults with congenital heart disease, transesophageal echocardiography, fetal echocardiography, cardiac MRI
Clinical interests include pediatric echocardiography, fetal echocardiography, pediatric/congenital cardiac MRI, treatment of children with acquired and congenital heart disease.
Educational interests include the education of pediatric cardiology fellows, pediatric residents and medical students in pediatric cardiology.
Research interests include cardiac imaging research (echocardiography and cardiac MRI) in children and adults with congenital heart disease. Clinical research interests also include fetal echocardiography. Basic science research interests include the genetics of congenital and acquired aortic stenosis.
- Hornik, CP; Campbell, MJ; Carboni, MP; Lodge, AJ; Rhodes, JF; Kanter, RJ. Preoperative diagnosis of long QT syndrome in an infant with tetralogy of Fallot. Pediatric Cardiology. 2011;32:834-838. Abstract
- Barker, PC; Pasquali, SK; Darty, S; Ing, RJ; Li, JS; Kim, RJ; DeArmey, S; Kishnani, PS; Campbell, MJ. Use of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging to evaluate cardiac structure, function and fibrosis in children with infantile Pompe disease on enzyme replacement therapy. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 2010;101:332-337. Abstract
- Todd, SJ; Campbell, MJ; Roden, DM; Kannankeril, PJ. Novel Brugada SCN5A mutation causing sudden death in children. Heart Rhythm. 2005;2:540-543. Abstract