C. Egla Rabinovich, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Co-Chief, Division of Pediatric Rheumatology
Department / Division:
Durham, NC 27710
- MD, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 1985
- Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, 1985-1988
- Pediatric Rheumatology, Duke University Medical Center/University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill, 1988-1991
- Preventive Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, 1989-1991
- MPH, University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill, 1991
Childhood rheumatic diseases, lupus, JRA, childhood osteoporosis, dermatomyositis, localized (linear) scleroderma, morphea, uveitis
Therapeutic agents for treatment of Juvenile Arthritis.
Childhood bone metabolism.
Pediatric inflammatory eye disease (uveitis).
Pediatric localized scleroderma.
Treatment of juvenile dermatomyositis and juvenile arthritis.
- Beukelman, T; Patkar, NM; Saag, KG; Tolleson-Rinehart, S; Cron, RQ; DeWitt, EM; Ilowite, NT; Kimura, Y; Laxer, RM; Lovell, DJ; Martini, A; Rabinovich, CE; Ruperto, N. 2011 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis: initiation and safety monitoring of therapeutic agents for the treatment of arthritis and systemic features. Arthritis Care and Research. 2011;63:465-482. Abstract
- Nigrovic, PA; Mannion, M; Prince, FH; Zeft, A; Rabinovich, CE; van Rossum, MA; Cortis, E; Pardeo, M; Miettunen, PM; Janow, G; Birmingham, J; Eggebeen, A; Janssen, E; Shulman, AI; Son, MB; Hong, S; Jones, K; Ilowite, NT; Cron, RQ; Higgins, GC. Anakinra as first-line disease-modifying therapy in systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis: report of forty-six patients from an international multicenter series. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2011;63:545-555. Abstract
- Rabinovich, CE. Treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitis: challenges and update. Current Opinion in Rheumatology. 2011;23:432-436. Abstract
- Giannini, EH; Ilowite, NT; Lovell, DJ; Wallace, CA; Rabinovich, CE; Reiff, A; Higgins, G; Gottlieb, B; Chon, Y; Zhang, N; Baumgartner, SW. Effects of long-term etanercept treatment on growth in children with selected categories of juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2010;62:3259-3264. Abstract
- Robinson, AB; Gallentine, WB; Rabinovich, CE. Pediatric neuro-Behçet's disease responsive to adalimumab. Pediatric Neurology. 2010;43:291-293. Abstract
- Robinson, AB; Rabinovich, CE. Avascular necrosis of the metacarpals in juvenile dermatomyositis. Journal of Clinical Rheumatology: practical reports on rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease. 2010;16:233-236. Abstract
- Giannini, EH; Ilowite, NT; Lovell, DJ; Wallace, CA; Rabinovich, CE; Reiff, A; Higgins, G; Gottlieb, B; Singer, NG; Chon, Y; Lin, SL; Baumgartner, SW; Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group. Long-term safety and effectiveness of etanercept in children with selected categories of juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2009;60:2794-2804. Abstract
- Yildirim-Toruner, C; Kimura, Y; Rabinovich, E. Hodgkin's lymphoma and tumor necrosis factor inhibitors in juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Journal of Rheumatology. 2008;35:1680-1681. Abstract
- Ardoin, SP; Kredich, D; Rabinovich, E; Schanberg, LE; Jaffe, GJ. Infliximab to treat chronic noninfectious uveitis in children: retrospective case series with long-term follow-up. American Journal of Ophthalmology. 2007;144:844-849. Abstract
- Rabinovich, CE. Use of tumor necrosis factor inhibitors in uveitis. Current Opinion in Rheumatology. 2007;19:482-486. Abstract
- Jones, OY; Spencer, CH; Bowyer, SL; Dent, PB; Gottlieb, BS; Rabinovich, CE. A multicenter case-control study on predictive factors distinguishing childhood leukemia from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Pediatrics. 2006;117:e840-e844. Abstract
- Sathornsumetee, S; Schanberg, L; Rabinovich, E; Lewis, D; Weisleder, P. Parry-Romberg syndrome with fatal brain stem involvement. Journal of Pediatrics. 2005;146:429-431. Abstract
- Rabinovich, CE. Osteoporosis: a pediatric perspective. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2004;50:1023-1025. Abstract
- Bowyer, SL; Roettcher, PA; Higgins, GC; Adams, B; Myers, LK; Wallace, C; Rennebohm, R; Moore, TL; Pepmueller, PH; Spencer, C; Wagner-Weiner, L; Rabinovich, E; Passo, M; Lovell, DJ; McCurdy, D; Zemel, L; Schikler, KN; Szer, I; Kurtin, P; Lindsley, C. Health status of patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis at 1 and 5 years after diagnosis. Journal of Rheumatology. 2003;30:394-400. Abstract
- Rabinovich, CE. Bone metabolism in childhood rheumatic disease. Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America. 2002;28:655-viii. Abstract
- Rabinovich, CE. Bone mineral status in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. The Journal of rheumatology. Supplement. 2000;58:34-37. Abstract
- Bousvaros, A; Marcon, M; Treem, W; Waters, P; Issenman, R; Couper, R; Burnell, R; Rosenberg, A; Rabinovich, E; Kirschner, BS. Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis associated with chronic inflammatory bowel disease in children. Digestive Diseases and Sciences. 1999;44:2500-2507. Abstract
- Mason, T; Rabinovich, CE; Fredrickson, DD; Amoroso, K; Reed, AM; Stein, LD; Kredich, DW. Breast feeding and the development of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Journal of Rheumatology. 1995;22:1166-1170. Abstract
- Spencer, CH; Fife, RZ; Rabinovich, CE. The school experience of children with arthritis. Coping in the 1990s and transition into adulthood. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 1995;42:1285-1298. Abstract